Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No Big Shot Required Part 2



Happy Tuesday! I am back today with more projects that don't require the Big Shot to make. Today's projects are again ones that I learned from my upline before I became a demonstrator. Thanks, Amy! The first treat container are the triangle ones shown at the right. To make these you need a piece of card stock 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2", then mark the edges of the 4 1/4" side in the middle. Score from the middle mark to the outside edge of the center score line making a triangle, repeat on the other three sides. Below is a picture of what your card stock will look like after scoring.
The next step is to add ribbon at the top to hold all your candy inside and then decorate. I used the Hostess set Holiday Best (115364) which is a level one and available for free just for buying $150 or hosting a workshop that totals $150 in merchandise sales. I inked up the image with the Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers then punched the image out with the Scallop Oval Punch and layered it on the Wide Oval Punch. On one of the treat triangles I used Cast-A-Spell Designer Series Paper and on the other I randomly stamped Jack-o-lanterns from the Family Accessories Stamp
Set (113494).

The second project for today is called a Sour Cream Container as it looks like the sour cream containers you sometimes get at restaurants. I love making these as they are very easy and require no scoring. I made two different sizes but the size I prefer is 5 1/2x 8 1/2 which is half a sheet of card stock. The Perfect Plum Container is made with those measurements. Before making the container I randomly stamped candy corn and other candy from Tasty Sweet Stamp Set (111698) with Versamark. Versamark is a great first ink as it gives you a darker image or watermark on any color of card stock. After stamping I used the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and punched out a window and added a piece of Window Sheet with Sticky Strip. On the short side add Sticky Strip and attach it to the other short side giving you a tube. Pinch the bottom edges together to make a flat bottom. Add Sticky Strip inside to seal it shut. I also crimped the bottom edge to give it a more finished look. Fill with goodies, but not to full as it is hard to close if the container is to full. Pinch the top edges in the opposite direction of the bottom. With the Crop-a-dile punch two hole along the top, add ribbon and tie shut. I added a tag made from the Eat, Drink & Be Scary Stamp Set (111764) and the container is finished.

The other Sour Cream Container was made using the polka-a-dot Window Sheet from the new Night & Day Designer Series Specialty Paper. I added a scallop edge along the bottom to help hide the sticky strip and used the Halloween Definition from the Eat, Drink & Be Scary Stamp Set.

If you have any questions about today's containers please let me know. Tomorrow I will be back with a Treat Container that does use the Big Shot that I made a while back and forgot to post. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: