Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shimmer Paint

Good morning, I know that I was going to share with you another Halloween project but after playing with the new Shimmer Paint I just couldn't resist letting you see this card. Now the layout and design are very simple but I wanted it that way to show off the shimmer paint that I used through out this card. I am in love with all that this paint offers and I am sure that you will see more of it in upcoming projects. I took pictures of the same card at various angles trying to capture the shimmer of the snowflakes but nothing really does it justice except seeing it in real life. The base of the card is Bashful Blue Card Stock (105120) with a layer of Night of Navy Card Stock (100867). For the main image I used the Snow Swirl Stamp Set (111690), it was one of my favorites last year and still is this year. I just love the snow flakes. I inked up the larger snowflake with Night of Navy Classic Ink (102977) then used a Sponge Dauber 102892) to add Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854) directly over the Classic ink then stamped onto the Whisper White Card Stock (100730). I cleaned the stamp and repeated the process a couple of more times. Then used Ballet Blue (100907) and Bashful Blue (105209) on the other two snowflakes. I also stamped some snowflakes with just the Frost White Shimmer Paint on the stamp and no color. It added a transparent image that is quite pretty. You can see the shimmer better in the second picture at the left. I also added shimmer to the sentiment before I stamped it and punched it out with the Scallop Oval Punch (114889) and layered it on the Night of Navy Wide Oval Punch (112082) out. It is really hard to tell in the pictures but I also added White Frost Shimmer Paint to the Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon (109029). The Paint can be used on fabrics and I just couldn't resist trying it. After I added it to the ribbon I just used my Heat Tool to speed up the drying process and heat set it.
I have so many ideas in mind for the new Shimmer Paint and since I purchased all three colors I will have to try them all. Would you like to try the new Shimmer Paint? It is available to purchase until January 4th. We will be using this at a future club meeting, I just need to decide if it will be a fall card or Christmas one. Hmm, something to think about. What do you think, Fall or Christmas?
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya




No comments: