Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cards For Our Troops!

Good afternoon, I hope you enjoyed yesterday's Halloween projects. Today I am shifting gears and sharing some cards with you that will be going to some very special people. Before I get to the cards let me explain a little. Our school's Student Council does several service projects a year and this year they have decided to make cards for all occasions to send overseas for the Service members to have to send home to their families. The men and women that are currently serving our country unfortunately don't have a place to shop for cards so events like birthday's, anniversaries or Christmas can get missed.
The Student Council along with anyone that wants to come by and help will be making 200 cards October 3 from 10-1pm at our school gym. October 3 is also World Card Making Day so what a perfect day to help others and make cards. If you need directions please contact me privately and I will give you more info. Of course the more people we have come the faster the process will go. All card stock will be cut and ready to stamp and assemble just like at my classes. There is no fee to come and all cards will be sent over seas. We will also be adding postage to each card so that it is truly a gift to the Service Member that receives it.
We have been working with our local Air Guard and they are going to help us get the cards delivered. Even if you can only come a short time we would love to have you.
Now on to the card. I keep the layouts and embellishment simple so that they will mail well. The first card uses one of my favorite sets from the last catalog. Upsy Daisy (111710) is a fun set to use on several different techniques but for this card I just used second generation stamping to get the variation in color. The base of the card is Ruby Red Card Stock with a layer of Whisper White Card Stock. On the Whisper White layer I stamped the main image once with Ruby Red Classic Ink, then without reinking a stamped again, giving you a lighter tone of the Ruby Red. For the main focal point I again used Ruby Red Classic Ink but this time the image was stamped on Cameo Coral Card Stock them matted on Ruby Red Card Stock. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White Card Stock them punched out with the Wide Oval Punch and since there are three sentiments in this stamp set we can vary them on the cards.
Tomorrow I will share with you one of the other cards we will be doing this weekend. Thank you for stopping by today, Tonya

No comments: