Monday, September 7, 2009

Birthday Star!

Hello, it is Labor Day and we are spending the day visiting my Grandma and many other family members including the newest member that is just one month old. This will be our first visit with the new baby and we are looking forward to it! Today I am sharing with you the birthday card I made for my 8 year old. His birthday was Friday and after I gave him the card I had to take it back to get the picture. This card was completely inspired by the wrapping paper that I bought for his gifts. The paper was a light blue with various sized stars in red, yellow, white, green and blue. I knew that I want to use the Stampin'Up! Movers & Shapers Curly Label Die (114506) and the Star from the Stampin'Up! Punch Window Dies (115953). I started with a base of Summer Sun Card Stock (103124) and added a layer of Bashful Blue Card Stock (105120) before I cut out the star. In hindsight I should have done them separately because I lost some of the Summer Sun on the bottom of the card when it was cut and scored, but lesson learned. After the star window was cut out I stamped the Happy Birthday from the Family Phrases Stamp Set (114960) in Brilliant Blue Classic Ink (100691) on the bottom front. Then I just used the Star Punch (109045)and the Large Star Punch (110710) to punch out stars in Whisper White (100730), Real Red Textured (108698), Brilliant Blue (100721), Old Olive (100702) and Summer Sun (103124) Card Stock and added them to the card with Dimensionals and Tombow. The Real Red Star in the Center is actually inside the card and was placed inside the window. Inside the card I just hand wrote with Brilliant Blue Stampin'Write Marker (100057) "You're A Star". The birthday boy liked his card which means mom did good!
Have a great day and tomorrow I will be back with a wedding card that I made for this weekend's wedding that we attended. 'Til next time, Tonya

No comments: