Friday, October 18, 2013

Num-Num Halloween Treats




Hello and welcome to our candy treat container post. I decided to participate a little later but I am glad I did because I really like how this treat bag and tag turned out. The supplies are quite easy but there is a variety of Framelits. The bag is made from a Tag A Bag Gift Bag. Now you might be wondering how it is standing up when the gift bags aren't flat on the bottom. Well I used our Simply Scored Scoring Tool and scored the sides and bottom one inch from the edge. I then used the new score lines as my bag, folding the bottom triangles in at a point and securing with Sticky Strip. It is similar to a Bag-a-lope that I have seen made for many years. Then I just need to make my tag. I used two stamp sets both from the Holiday Catalog. The skull is from the Toil & Trouble Stamp Set and I heat embossed it with Black Embossing Powder with just a bit of Black Glitter on Pumpkin Pie Card Stock. I will have more on this technique next week on my Thursday blog post. The skull was cut out with the Apothecary Accents Framelits and I added two Basic Rhinestones for the eyes. The Num-Num is from the Oh, Goodie Stamp Set and was inked with our Basic Black Stampin Write Marker and Stamped on Whisper White Card Stock. I used the Bitty Banners Framelits to cut it out before adding it to the tag. The Tag which is Basic Black Card Stock was cut out with the Chalk Talk Framelit set and then embossed with the Argyle Embossing folder which is on sale through Monday. I added the Basic Black Chevron Ribbon to hold the bag closed as well as hold the tag on. The bag is pretty good sized so I can add a lot of candy to it for a few special kids. Don't forget if you haven't been to our SS INKspiration Blog to see the rest of the Treats you should stop by. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day! Tonya

No comments: