Monday, October 7, 2013

Kick Up Your Heals Color Challenge



Hello and welcome to the October Color Challenge. Our colors for this month were Tangerine Tango, Elegant Eggplant and Early Espresso. I thought about going with a Halloween card but decided to do a guy card or maybe just a country fan. I used the layout from page 68 on the 2013-2014 Catalog and the stamp set is Bootiful Occasions with just a bit of Gorgeous Grunge to distress the piece . I think this maybe the first time I have inked up the cowboy boot. I added Very Vanilla Card Stock to the mix and only used Early Espresso Ink. For the background I used the Woodgrain Embossing Folder with the Core'dinations Card Stock and then sanded it to really make the woodgrain pop. I cut the cowboy boots out with the Apothecary Accents and added the Brights Candy Dots to the center boot and the Vintage Trinkets button brads to the other two boots. The kick up yer heels is also from the set and was stamped then punched out with the Small Oval Punch. To finish off the card I added just a bit of Linen Thread to the top of each tag.
I hope you take the time to check out the other cards. I have seen a few and they are super cute. To check them out head over to the SS INKspiration Blog and then take a moment to leave us a comment. You can also pin my card by using the pin button above. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Tonya

2 comments:

brrenwick said...

Boot scootin' cuteness! Love those boots with the woodgrain background!

Cynthia said...

I love this boot stamp set. Its still on my list of ones to get. Love how you used tag shapes for the different colors!