Monday, January 10, 2011

Wish Big!


Good afternoon, we are getting our first snow storm of the year today and I almost wonder if my sons didn't get their birthday wish. You see yesterday and tomorrow are two of my sons birthdays and both wanted to go sledding and with this snow it looks like they will be able to do that as soon as the snow stops. Yesterday we added a new teenager to our household and since I knew he was wanting snow I made this card for his birthday. It is a hybrid card as I used My Digital Studio for the Snowboarder. The Download is Extreme Snowboard and only cost $.95. I printed it off in Basic Black and then made the rest of the card. The base is Pacific Point with Pacific Point Classic Ink used to stamp the snowflakes from Serene Snowflakes. I tore Whisper White Card Stock and sponged the edges to create the snow hills. To add the sky and snowline behind the snowboarder I printed a second image and cut it and used it to mask the first so I could sponge around him. I used both Bashful Blue and Pacific Point to make the sky. The snowboarding image was mounted on a Old Olive Mat and attached to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. The Wish Big is from the Word Play Stamp Set and was stamped with Pacific Point Classic Ink on Whisper White Card Stock then punched out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. Now when he received this card there was no snow so I wonder what he wished for as he blew out his candles last night. ;) I am stamping today as it is Stamp Club week and I have a Valentine's Day Class this weekend. What a wonderful way to spend a snowy day. I hope you are enjoying the snow day and don't have to venture out but if you do stay safe and drive careful. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back again really soon, Tonya

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Great hybrid card! And yes I would say they got their wish!

Rose Castillo said...

Great card! Happy birthday to both your boys.