Monday, January 17, 2011

Concord Irises

Hello everyone! I love the Build a Blossom Stamp Set and thought it would be fun to try a different type of flower than the traditional flower so I decide to make an Iris. I love Irises and have a variety of colors. This card is one that I made for a swap I recently participated. The colors I used are Concord Crush, Whisper White, and Certainly Celery. The Iris was stamped by using the solid image off stamped with Concord Crush then the detailed stamp stamped with Concord Crush at full strength. The center of the Iris has a Basic Pearl. The Blossom Petals Punch makes punching out all the petals for the card super fast and easy. :) The thanks is from the Thank you Kindly Stamp Set and was stamped with Basic Gray Classic Ink on Whisper White Card Stock then punched out with the 1 3/4"x 7/8" Oval Punch and layered with a Certainly Celery Scallop Oval Punch. The ribbon is 5/8" Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon that was scrunched and attached with Sticky Strip. I have found a better way to scrunch the ribbon that I will be sharing on another card soon. Hoping to see some sun today so I can take a few pictures of projects we did over the weekend. The base is Concord Crush with a layer of Certainly Celery then a embossed layer of Whisper White. The new Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is great to frame a project and so easy to use. I think I will be using it quite a big in the coming months.
That is it for today's card. Today is a planning day for my upcoming Birthday Card Class. I need to finish up some samples and of course spend some time with the kids since they are home today for Martin Luther King Day. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love purple!!!