Friday, December 10, 2010

Fabric Ornament


Good morning! Today's post is going to be short because I have lots to get done before I head off to judge a debate tournament. Judging will be a new experience for me so we will see how it goes. Now back to today's project. I love our Designer Series Fabric. I really enjoy sewing and like to change my crafting mediums from time to time so fabric is a great variety. This ornament that I made is really easy, no sewing and kids can help. Love the kids friendly crafts. All I used was a wire hanger (cut in half so that I could make two ornaments), the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Fabric cut into 1"x 5" strips and assorted ribbon. Make a circle with your wire then start tying the fabric on the wire. I used just a simple single know to make mine. Continue all the way around the wire alternating the fabric as you go. When you are done adding the fabric I added the Real Red Satin Ribbon to the top to hang the ornament and then added the Blushing Bride Ribbon in a few spots through out the fabric. I could have added more Real Red Ribbon but decided I liked it without. I did make a larger wreath version but I will share that another day. Well, I have to run. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: