Thursday, December 9, 2010

Surprise inside!

So yesterday I left you without showing you what was inside the box that we had made at the Holiday Gift Giving Open House. I had planned on sharing this sooner but we had our Elementary School Music Program tonight and I spent the day helping get ready at school. This is a big event with the whole school involved. I will try and get a scrapbook page completed soon to share with you. Now back to the box and the surprise inside. I was blog hopping recently and came across these cute tea light candles. They are pretty easy to make and I did try burning one and while the tissue paper did turn a little brown it didn't really catch on fire. I would of course recommend that you not leave any candle unattended but the wax seems keep it from really burning. I found the idea on the blog Rubber Room Ramblings to view the post about the candles simply click on the blog name. To make the ones I did I used the Jolly Bingo Bits Stamp Set. This set is perfect to stamp on the tissue paper that you use to make the candles. I let each person pick which stamp they wanted to there was an assortment of candles made. The bottom picture is a little hard to see the wax seems to be reflecting the light. Sorry to keep you in suspense for so long. Please let me know if you have any questions about the candles. I will be happy to answer them. Tomorrow I will be back with a Fabric Project that I just finished up. Thanks for stopping by and as always have a great day, Tonya

No comments: