Monday, December 6, 2010

Cupcake Fun

Good morning and Happy Monday! I am going to start really decorating the house today so this post will be quick. I should have shared this with you last week when the items I used were on sale but some how it missed getting posted. At Convention this year they had some really cute cupcakes that were made from ribbon and paper that you could use as a gift box or to hold candy. I decided to recreate them using our Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Fabric. I really love our fabric and the way it too coordinates with our ribbon, paper and inks. Oh and of course the buttons. How could I forget that. So the base is made with the Perfect Setting Bigz XL Die and the Candy Cane Christmas DSP (which is sold out, sorry any other paper would work too). This die is made to fit around a real cupcake so you can dress them up too for parties and such. I inserted a cupcake liner inside to old the treats then I cut out a circle to hold the "icing" on top and act as a lid. The "icing" is made of the fabric that was cut into strips then I stitched one edge and gathered it into a circle. I few more stitches to hold it in place and the layers were done. Then I stacked my two fabric circles on top of each other and a button was added with Glue Dots. I attached the fabric to the Card Stock Circle with the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets. Your cupcake is done now to decide what to put inside. Hmm, maybe some candy or jewelry. It was fun to make and I will be using the Perfect Setting die more to actually decorate cupcakes or maybe even little treat cups for nuts or mints. :) Thanks for stopping by, I am off to bring up the trees and start bringing boxes up from the basement. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: