Friday, March 12, 2010

Easter Chick!

Sorry for the long absence from posting. My daughter and I went to New York City last weekend and I have spent the week trying to get caught up on everything I usually do, so posting had to take a back seat. The project I am sharing with you today is one of the club projects that we made this week. I can't take create for it however as my 12 year old son sketched this one for me and I just made the cute little chick. I am amazed at just how much my kids seem to understand about Stampin'Up! and what I do. I think he did a great job on his first project and I hope to be able to get him to sketch more for me. This is a tools project with Big Shot Dies and punches. For the box I used the Bag with Scallops Bigz XL Die and cut the scallop part off leaving the bag open at the top. The handle is punched with the Sale-a-bration Edge punch. The card stock I used is Bashful Blue. To make the chick himself I used the Frame Oval Scallop Bigs Die and cut out two one in So Saffron Card Stock and one in Whisper White Card Stock. I cut the Whisper White Card Stock to make the egg shell. On the club ones we stamped across the egg shell to make it look like a decorated egg or you could use colored card stock to make your egg. To make the rest of the chick, I punched out one 5 Petal Flower Punch and 2 Small Oval Punches from So Saffron Card Stock. I sponged the edges of the So Saffron Card Stock with a Sponge Dauber and So Saffron Classic Ink before assembling the chick. To make his eyes I used the 1/2" Circle Punch and Whisper White Card Stock. I added the blue centers with the Bashful Blue Stampin' Write Marker. The beak was made by folding a piece of Pumpkin Pie Card Stock in half then punching out one petal from the 5 Petal Punch with the inside of the petal being lined up with the fold of the card stock. This allows his mouth to open and close. I used SNAIL Adhesive to attach all the parts and also attach the chick to the basket. There you have a cute little treat container for Easter. If you have any questions please let me know I am always happy to help. Have a great day and I will be back tomorrow to share another project with you. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: