Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fun Flower Card!

Hello! After making the felt basket yesterday I started thinking about making a card with the same colors and basic idea, so I started on this simple 3 1/4x 3 1/4" card this morning then while I was blog hopping I came across a wonderful idea by Heather Summers for a progressive card. Now I had made progressive scrapbook pages but never a card so this idea seemed like fun and I turned my 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" card into a full 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. Nothing to complicated about either card. The supplies I used were Melon Mambo Card Stock, Tempting Turquoise Card Stock, Whisper White Card Stock, Melon Mambo Patterns Designer Series Paper, Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad, Filigree Designer Brads, Silver Brads, Stampin'Up! Baskets and Blooms Bigz XL Die, Big Shot, Mat Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool, Scallop Trim Border Punch, and Thank you Kindly Stamp Set (which is free until March 31 with a $50 purchase). I did do a little sponging on the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" Melon Mambo Card Stock base just to give it a more finished look. I hope you enjoyed the cards today and maybe you will be inspired to try a progressive card like I was. I am off to clean up my work area before starting on a sewing project and a couple of other things for upcoming events. I have two purses that I am currently working on that I will share when I am finished. Have a great day and as always thank you for stopping by. Tonya

No comments: