Sunday, March 14, 2010

Springtime Candy Card!

Hello, I hope you all had a great Sunday. I am back tonight to share with you the Spring Candy Card that we made Friday night at Janis's workshop. The Sweet Treat Containers are such a fun way to add something extra special to your cards. The base of the card is Tempting Turquoise Card Stock. I added a trap door inside the card to allow the candy to easily be accessible. To hold it closed we added a little tab made from the Medium Jewelry Tag punch, Trio Flower punch and a Silver Brad. The front is Pink Passion Card Stock, with a layer of Whisper White Card Stock. The flower is made by punching a circle with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch from a 3x3" Square of Whisper White Card Stock. I then stamped the circle from Pick a Petal Stamp Set with Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink. I cut out the flower. I punched out 1 3/4" Circle from both the Whisper White Card Stock and Pink Passion Card Stock. The stem and leaf were made with 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon. The cute little Hello Tag is made with Pink Passion Card Stock, Pink Passion Classic Ink and the Occasions Mini Tiny Tags Stamp Set. I used the Medium Jewelry Tag Punch again and added a small hole with the Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack. The grass is Old Olive Card Stock punched with the Scallop Edge Punch and then Crimped with the Crimper. The grass was added to the card with Dimensionals.
Wouldn't this be a cute card to give in a Easter basket or just a special treat for a child's lunch box or for MAP testing. If you would like to make your own Sweet Treat Card please contact me I have a few extra kits left from Friday night. Thanks for stopping by and be sure and come back again to see what I make next. Tonya

No comments: