Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tale of Two Cards

Good afternoon, sorry for the late post but Thursday's are busy with school activities and other things which pushes my post times back, unless I happen to write it the night before which sometimes does happen but last night I was busy stamping. I have two cards to show you today and they are the same basic card just one is stepped up a little bit. The base of both is Kraft Card Stock (102125) with Whisper White Card Stock (100730) for the stamped image and Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper Pad (118401), which is a Sale-a-bration item. The Happy Moments stamp set (119125) I used is also a Sale-a-bration item. So for the first card or the basic card I stamped the image with the Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad (109120) and then watercolored the flowers and leaves with Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad (102277), Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad (115656), Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad (115659), and Pretty in Pink Classic Stampin' Pad (101301). This card is looks nice and is a great card to make multiples of but I wanted to add just a little but more.
For the second card I used the same basic pieces and then stepped the card up a little bit with texture and a little matting.
So before I assembled the second card I added Polka Dots to the card front with the new Stampin' Up! Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder (117335). Then I added a layer of Crushed Curry Card Stock (115319) that I used the new Scallop Trim Corner Punch(118870) and Scallop Trim Edge Punch another free Sale-a-bration item on. Now I will admit this took a little bit of practice to get my scallops to all match up but the result is so work it. It really just sets off the image and makes it look like a framed work of art. One more thing I want to point out is the Clear Mount Block that is next to my card. As I was getting ready to stamp this image last night I was like wow I can put both stamps on the block at the same time and just stamp once. See how nicely they fit on the block together and you can see exactly how they will be stamped. I like the clear mount stamps but I still don't think I will completely change over, but really only time will tell. Thanks for stopping by today and if you have any questions about the cards or how to purchase the supplies to make the cards please let me know. I am always happy to help. I will finish up with a close up of the Scallop Trim Frame. If you haven't given the

new punches a try what are you waiting for! Have a great day, Tonya





No comments: