Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quilting Made Easy

Years, ago when we first moved back to Missouri I made this Rag Quilt the traditional way. I cut all the squares with my Rotary Cutter and Mat then sew this heavy and warm quilt. The squares took quite a while to cut even doing a couple of layers at a time and of course I had to make sure that I was cutting each one sqaure so they would match up. This quilt is made of jeans that my family had since disgarded and flannel. The back of the quilt is all red and red plaid flannel. I was and still am pleased with the result. Now you might be asking yourself what does this have to do with stamping will truthfully not much but the next project that I am going to show you uses Stampin'Up! Supplies to allow you to make a Rag Quilt so much faster and easier.


I saw these Rag Quilt Purses in various shapes and sizes on several blogs and recalled how much fun it was to make the quilt above, so I decided to give it a try. I used my Big Shot (113439) and Stampin'Up! Scallop Square Bigz Clear Dies (115950) to cut out all my fabric squares. I used two layers of fabric and some batting between the layers. For the Straps and the closure I watched Angie Juda's Video that gave directions and dimensions. After sewing the purse the fun part begins. I cut all the scalloped edges between the scallop being careful not to cut into the seam. Then you wash your purse and it is ready to use. I made this one for my Bible Bag for Church and Prayer Group but I like it so much I have started using it for my everyday purse. My daughter wants one for Church also and I am thinking about making a blanket. It is something a little different than my stamping but just as fun. If you would like your own

Rag Quilt Purse contact me as I have decided to make these to sell. If you are local we can work together to pick out the fabric you like and the pattern of the purse. As always have a great day , thanks for stopping by and stay warm! 'Til, next time, Tonya

No comments: