Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kangaroos and Hearts!

Hello! Today I am going to share a card with you that you could use for Valentine's Day or just any occasion that you want to tell someone that you love them. The Build-a-Roo Stamp Set (115948) is a stamp set that is good making a variety of cards. For this one I was thinking Valentine's day so I used traditional Valentine Colors. Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Pretty in Pink. I started with a base of Chocolate Chip Card Stock (102128) and added some dry embossed heart on the front. I will be posting a tutorial on Monday showing you how I did that. Be sure and check back then. Okay now back to the card. I used the new Pinking Hearts Border Punch (117649) and added a edge of Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650) to the edge of the Real Red Card Stock (102482). I used the Real Red Classic Ink Pad (103133) to add some random small hearts to the Real Red Card Stock. Next I stamped the main images. I started with the Hearts which were stamped with Basic Brown Classic Ink (104315), I masked the hearts and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) to stamp the Kangaroo over the hearts. I used Real Red Classic Ink to stamp the I love you this much over the kangaroo. I watercolored the kangaroo and hearts with Close to Cocoa Classic Ink (103139), Pretty in Pink Classic Ink (101301), Real Red Classic Ink and the Aquapainter (103954). The image was layered on Pretty in Pink Card Stock (100459). Before I add this to the card front I added a new Real Red Sending Love Epoxy Brad (117270) and then I attached it to the card. The Sending Love Epoxy Brads are just one of the items that were in my product share. If you ordered one of my Products Share they will be ready Monday and I will add them to club order. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: