Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rockin' Birthday!

Today is a special day out our house. My oldest son is turning twelve! So Happy Birthday to him. Of course a birthday wouldn't be complete without a handmade card from mom and I had just received a fun new stamp from my recent order. This stamp is one that you can receive free during Sale-a-bration. I don't have a lot of stamp sets that work for the tween or teens in my life at least not the boys so I was excited to get this stamp. It is Extreme Guitar (115328). I used Old Olive Card Stock(100702), Not Quite Navy (101722) and Kraft (102125). I embossed the Rocker with Versamark(102283) and Clear Embossing Powder (109130) . I used Itty Bitty Backgrounds (114996) in Old Olive Classic Ink (102277) for the base of the card then used my Color Spritzer Tool (107066) to add a little Not Quite Navy Ink (100059) with the Stampin' Write Marker. The Kraft piece across the bottom was torn then I did a little distressing and dragging with the Old Olive Classic Ink Pad and Not Quite Navy Classic Ink Pad (103008). The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370). It was stamped on Kraft Card Stock with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink then punched out with the Word Window Punch (105090) and layered on Old Olive Card Stock punched out with the Modern Label Punch(116630). I added a Silver Brads (104336) to the sides before adding it to the card. The Stars are punched out with the Star Punch(109045) and the Large Star Punch (110710). Before adding the Rocker image to the card I distressed the edges and dragged the Not Quite Navy Classic Ink Pad across the card stock for added distressing. Now it is a perfect card for the tween in your life. Not cutesy, but cool. If you would like to learn more about how you can earn your Extreme Guitar Stamp contact me or check out my website.

No comments: