Monday, January 25, 2010

Dry Embossed Hearts

Okay today's post is a continuation of my last post with the Kangaroo Card. I was so happy with the way the Dry Embossed Hearts turned out that I thought I would share the technique with everyone. I am going to provide pictures and steps for the technique and if you have seen it before please forgive me but I haven't saw it on a blog or site so I thought I would share.


Okay so here goes start by punching out the new Small Heart Punch (117193) from the Occasion Mini multiple time from a sheet of thin cardboard. I used a sheet that came in a Definitely Decorative item. Then you need your Big Shot, Multi purpose platform which comes with the Big Shot, standard cutting pad, Standard Texturz Impressions Pad, and Standard Texturz Silicone Rubber. Open up the Multipurpose Platform to tab 1 as in the picture above and add one Standard Cutting Pad on top of the Multipurpose Platform. Now for a reference I added a piece of scrap paper cut 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". This gave me a area for my heart to be placed and I could better judge where I wanted them placed. After you have them placed you could snail or Dotto the heart down to the scrap paper. This is especially helpful if you are planning on making multiples of your card.
Next lay your card stock over the top of the hearts and multipurpose platform. Notice that the card stock is cut 4 1/4" x 11 so that I can just emboss the front of the card.


The next step is to lay the Standard Texturz Silicone Rubber onto the card stock being careful to line it up with the top of the card. You add the Standard Texturz Impressions Pad on the top lining it also up with the top of the card. By lining the two up with the top of the card you will only be embossing the front of the card and the other side will remain smooth.


You then just roll it all through your Big Shot and when you are finished you have hearts scattered across the front of your card. You could use the technique with any of our punches. Imagine all the choices you have to quickly and easily dry emboss the front of your card.
If you have any questions please contact me. I am always happy to help in any way. Don't own the Big Shot well Sale-a-bration is a great time to purchase a Big Shot plus with an order of $150 you will receive hostess benefits. Thanks for stopping
by today! Have a great day, Tonya








No comments: