Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More Big Shot Quilting!

Good morning, the morning has flown by. I took my oldest to High School today to shadow a friend and see if she likes this High School. Which brings me to today's post Quilting with the Big Shot is becoming a new hot trend. It is so quick and easy to cut out consistent sized shapes which makes quilting that much easier. I have done some quilting before I really got into stamping. It is a fun hobby that I really enjoy but I have found over the years that stamping has taken a front seat in the crafts that I do. So when I saw that the Big Shot can be used to cut fabric I realized that this was a great way to combine both crafts that I enjoy. I am looking forward to trying more quilting options but for today I am sharing another Scallop Square Purse. This one is a little smaller than my first. I only made it 2 rows high by 3 rows. I had some fabric leftover from a Saint Patrick's Day shirt that I had made years ago for my kids and since the school my daughter is attending today just happens to be the fighting Irish I thought a Irish purse was perfect. I cut all the squares over the weekend and finished the purse in about 2 1/2 hours. I am really happy with the way it turned out and am all ready looking at fabric to start another one. Now my daughter is actually not keeping this purse for herself, although if this is the school she decides to attend I have no doubt I will be making another one but this one is going to be a gift for the wonderful girl that is allowing my daughter to follow her all day. I hope she enjoys it. What a great way to show off your school spirit.
If you would like to learn how to make your own Scallop Square Purse or are a quilter and would like more information about using the Big Shot to quilt with please contact me. I would be happy to help you. I will share other quilting projects as I make more but don't worry this will not become my main focus but rather another fun creative outlet. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya
Supplies: Stampin'Up! Supplies Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Stampin'Up! Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die (115950), Paper Snips (103579), Craft & Rubber Scissors (103179), Non Stampin'Up! Supplies Various Fabrics, Batting, Sewing Machine, White Thread

No comments: