Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Simple Sympathy Cards

Sympathy cards are not something that are exactly fun to have to make simply because of the circumstances that you need them. My downline however had a death in her family late last week and since she didn't have any sympathy sets herself she asked if I could make a few for her. These are the same layout and stamp set just a little different in color and accessories. I started with the Big Shot Top Note Die and cut out two Very Vanilla Top Notes. On these a stamped using the Thoughts and Prayers Stamp Set. This set is new this year and is perfect for sympathy cards as well as thinking of you. The main images are inked up with our Stampin' Write Markers so that I could have dual colors. After I did that I layered the top note on two texturized pieces of card stock in Chocolate Chip and Old Olive. On the first image I add a strip of Old Olive Ribbon across the bottom to draw the eye to the sentiment. On the second image I added a knotted piece of Taffeta Riding Hood Red Ribbon. I am working on some Baby Shower
Invites today. They are all Stampin'

UP but not current stamp sets, I will share when I can though. Also I will be sharing a rather unique punch project that I felt challenged to do. I love a challenge and this project was definitely that. Come back tomorrow to take a peak. As always thank you for for stopping by today and I would love to hear from you. Baseball season starts tonight so I hope to get some pictures of my baseball players to scrapbook. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: