Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Clearly for Mom


Good morning, it looks to be a misty day here, so what better way to spend it than stampin'. Now for those of you that are at work or have to work today, I am sorry :( It also means that we probably won't be playing baseball tonight and will instead have to make up the two games. I don't like to have rain outs as it messes with the rest of the schedule, but enough about our household you came to see a card, correct.
I do have one for you today and it is a little different in that the base is made out of our window sheets. These are in the Occasions Mini and are great for so many things. I started off by running a 4x5 1/4 inch piece of Shimmery White Card stock thru the Big Shot with the Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Die. I sponged the flowers with both Perfect Plum and Pale Plum Classic Ink and our Sponges. This added more color to the raised areas than the recessed. I also sponged around the flowers with Mellow Moss Classic Ink. I stamped the Mother's Day sentiment from the All Holidays Stamp Set directly on the shimmery white and then again on a scrap piece of Shimmery White Card stock. The scrap piece was punched out with the new Scallop Oval Punch also from the Occasions Mini. Just a quick reminder there are only two days left to take advantage of the Get Connected Promotion. If you need more info please contact me and I will be happy to help. Now back to the card. I punched out a wide oval from Mellow Moss Card stock and layered the Scallop Oval on top of that with dimensionals. Now the tricky part with using window sheet is that any adhesive you use tends to show thru. So to solve that problem I used mini glue dots to add the flowers inside the window sheet and placed them in such a way that the embellishments and sentiment would cover them. There are three mini glue dots along the edge of the card where I added the Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon and there are two where the Happy Mother's Day is placed. The Oval Sentiment is actually on top of the window sheet and covers up the glue dots. When I get ready to send this card I will simply add a message inside that will appear to float in the center of the card. If you have any questions about this project please let me know. All supplies are from Stampin'UP. Thank you for stopping by today and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: