Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jelly Bean Treats


Good evening! I hope that everyone had a chance to enjoy this beautiful day! We had a busy day but I did want to share these little Easter Treats that I made for my Grandmother and Mom. I will give them to them tomorrow for Easter. Both were made from Simply Orange Juice Bottles. I am not a coffee drinker so some other bottles were out but I do like this orange juice. I filled both with jelly beans, the one on the left is Jelly Bellies which my mom loves! I used the A Good Egg Stamp set and instead of just coloring in the chick I stippled him with the aquapainter. I used two colors on the egg shell to give them a marble affect. Remember those kits that used to do that? On the left one I used Tempting Turquoise and the Big Shot Daisy #2 die to make the flower that I put my chick on. The other one uses the Scallop Punch and the Pennant Die also for the Big Shot. The tops are the same just different colors and I used the Pennant Die again and the 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches. I stamped the Easter Wishes from the All Holidays Set in the center. I also added a belly band around the middle of the bottle which is made from Glorious Green Card Stock that has been crimped. I was thrilled to discover that the Glorious Green matched the lid so well. So what do you think? I am off to finish dinner before our baseball crew arrives home. If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, I hope that you are have a wonderful Easter spent with your families. Thanks, Tonya

No comments: