Monday, April 6, 2009

Matchbox Die





Today's post shows you one of my favorite new items in the Occasions Mini. The new Matchbox Bigz XL Die and coordinating Matchbox Messages Stamp set are so much fun to play with and make super fast and easy treat boxes. The ones I made today are meant to be party favors for a baby shower but you could also make these for a wedding shower or even graduation treats. The die can be purchased on my website or simply by emailing me. The box is made with no adhesive and I just used a few glue dots to hold the wrap around cover in place. I used the new scallop punch to make a window so you can see the goodies inside. Then I cut a piece of our new window sheets. I am so glad that Stampin'UP had brought the window sheets back I have almost used all the supply that I had from when they retired them before. I then used the scallop that I punched out and add the sentiment on a tag that is also made using the Matchbox Die. I used Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon on the box.



Of course I couldn't make just one box so the second box is done in Pretty in Pink and Riding Hood Red with a baby girl in mind. I didn't make the window on this box. I made the tag by cutting out the tag shape I wanted twice once in whisper white and once in Pretty in Pink. I used Dotto which is a repositional adhesive to hold down the whisper white tag while I lined up my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the Sweet One lined up straight. I trimmed around the stamped image and then mounted it to the Pretty in Pink Tag to give it a small border. On this box I used the Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon to finish it of. One more thing to mention if you purchase the Matchbox Die this month you will recieve one Free under $10 stamp from page 208 of the Spring Summer Catalog. Also for those you that have been waiting for the Extended Premium Crease Pad it is now available to purchase. Sorry today's post took so long I had it almost finished early today but our schedule got crazy. If you have any questions about any of my projects please leave me a comment and I will be happy to answer them and always thanks for stopping by my blog. Tonya

No comments: