Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Chick


I had hoped to post on Wednesday even had three cards ready to go but the lighting wasn't good enough to take pictures and not distort the color. I will post one of those cards later today, but for now I wanted to share a Easter card with you since Easter is just a few days away. Those of you that attend club got to see this card last month but for my blog readers that aren't in club I wanted to share. The Easter set I used is A Good Egg and I just love this little chick. I have used him so much since he was released last year. On the left side I wanted to mimic his egg shell cracking so I got out my Texture Plates for the Big Shot and ran a strip of Bashful Blue Card Stock thru. I used the diamond plate in the Stampin'UP Backgrounds I, which makes me hope there will be a Backgrounds II in the new catalog. But back to the card, I then used the diamond texture to cut along the lines and make the zigzag edge. I used Sale-A-Bration paper on this card but Tea Party or Rainbow Sherbet would work great to. The chicks shell was stamped twice on DSP and then cut out. I used dimensionals to pop up both layers. Since the sentiment I wanted to use was You Crack Me UP. I decided to make the chick a little nontraditional in color. I watercolored him Bashful Blue with the aquapainter and the Bashful Blue stamp pad. I finished off the card with 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in So Saffron and Bashful Blue. All supplies are of course Stampin'UP. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and thanks for stopping by. Tonya

No comments: