Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Abby Who?


Today's card is definitely not your everyday run of the mill stamped card. In fact I didn't stamp on it at all. I love a challenge and a stamping challenge is even more fun, so when I got a call last week asking what colors Abby Cadabby was it set this card in motion. First I had to look up who Abby is. Having three boys and a teenage daughter there isn't a lot of Sesame Street being watched at our house. After I found little miss Abby I started thinking that she could be made using our punches. The result is this card. I pulled out punch after punch and just started playing. I also had to use the Hearts Set Sizzlit 4 pack from the Big Shot to make Abby's face. The following is the list of punches I used: Trio Flower Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, and 3/4" Circle Punch. I used the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Ruby Red Stampin' Write Marker and Lavender Lace Stampin' Write Marker to add some details to Abby's face. Her wand is made all sparkly with Dazzling Diamonds and 2-way glue. The card stock colors used on Abby are Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White, Ballet Blue, YoYo Yellow and Riding Hood Red. Abby of course has wings made from Vellum and more Dazzling Diamonds. Since Abby is so bright and colorful I didn't want the background to take away from her so I just sponged the background with Ballet Blue Classic Ink and Whisper White Craft Ink to make a cloud like background. So what do you think does it look like Abby? I know this isn't a card that many will want to duplicate but it is fun sometimes to give a challenge a try. I had fun making Abby come to life! Thanks Christi for the challenge and thank you for stopping by today. Hope you have a great day, Tonya

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I know you already got Cami's approval of this Card, but I was checking out your site and Ella saw it and said "Hey! It's Abby KaDabby!"