Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday Cards for Boys



Having three boys it always seems that I am in need of birthday cards for boys. My boys however like to wait until the day before or the day of a party to let me know that they have one. So card making time is usually limited and since I really like to make a card with a person in mind I don't tend to make blank cards in advance. Another fun thing I like to do is match the card to the wrapping paper that we are using. This takes the place of a bow and since I used a clear envelope everyone can see the card. So onto the recipe of the card. I started with a base of Pacific Point then added a Basic Black layer. I used another layer with Pacific Point Patterns Designer Series Paper. I used the new Circle Scissor Plus to cut out a Whisper White Circle which I turned into a Baseball with a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker. I pulled out my Sporting Stamp Set and Just Baseball Stamp Set and stamped the bat and the All Star which goes along with the wrapping paper. After I cut out the bat I used dimensionals to pop it up. The finishing touch was the Green Galore Star that I punched out with our Large Star Punch. The birthday boy enjoyed it from what I was told and my DS thought it was just the perfect card for his friend. As always thanks for stopping by, the kids start their Easter Break today at 12:40 but if I get a chance to stamp later today I will post again. Thanks, Tonya

No comments: