Monday, September 19, 2011

Thoughts of Fall

Good afternoon! What a beautiful day it is today. I love that the sun is shining and the temperature is warming up again. I had a workshop on Friday night and we focused of Fall and this is one of the cards we made. I really like the Thougths and Prayers Stamp Set and the sentiments are great. I haven't used my Stampin' Pastels lately and when trying to figure out how to best achieve a fall look for the leaves, I first considered markers but that is time consuming and it is hard to tell which leaves you have inked up, then I rememebered Poppin' Pastels and I knew it would be perfect for this tree. All we had to do was ink up the stamp with Versamark then dap the pastels over the Versamark to add the color to the tree. We used Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, and Pumpkin Pie in the Stampin'Pastels. The Thinking of you was inked up with the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker then punched out with the Wide Oval Punch. We used a sponge dauber and added just a bit of More Mustard to the edges of the oval. The base of the card is Crumb Cake that has had texture added with the Elegant Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The main image is layered onto a layer of Cajun Craze Card Stock that has add the bottom punched out with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. With just a bit of Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon and the card is finished. Everyone's card turned out differently due to the color choices they made when applying the pastels. Tomorrow I will share with you the other project we did on Friday. It uses the new Gently Falling Stamp Set and some of the new Spiced Cake Designer Series Fabric. Love it!
Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: