Monday, September 26, 2011

Stocking Placemat

Good afternoon, I mentioned a while a go that I had a couple of sewing projects that I have been working on well today I am going to share the Christmas Placemat that I made a few weeks ago. The placemat is super easy to make and you can use the stocking for either a napkin or silverware. I used a prequilted Red fabric that I found at one of our local fabric stores and then used the Candy Cane Christmas Fabric to make the stocking and the edging. I used the smallest Scallop Square Die and the new Holiday Stocking die to cut the fabric. I did use an interfacing on the stocking to give it a little more durablity and I used a blanket stitch around the stocking except the top to attach it to the placemat. I hope you are see that better in the close up picture below. I am going to make a few more so that I have a set to either use in our home or to give as a gift. The stocking also can be used on felt to make a cute gift card holder or to put a treat for
a child in. I will be using this die a lot this year I have a feeling.
There is also a Stocking Accents Die that has other items that you can add to your stocking. The dies and Candy Cane Christmas Fabric can be purchased just by calling me or by going online and placing your order. If you have any questions please give me a call and I will be happy to help. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day, Tonya


No comments: