Friday, September 9, 2011

Halloween Treats!

Hello and thanks for stopping by, I have a fun Halloween treat container for you today and it is so simple to make with the help of the Big shot and a few punches. This container uses the Milk Carton Die and was demonstrated at Convention but after making my first one it just made me think of a pumpkin so I had to make another one. I love this idea and thank you to who ever thought of it. You will need to cut two milk carton and then cut off one panel on each. The panel without the tab please. Then just attach the two cartons together using the tabs and fold in the bottoms add some Sticky Strip and you are done unless you want a jack-o-lantern then you need Basic Black Card Stock, the Wide Oval Punch and the Pennant Builders Punch. I used each of the punches for either the mouth or the eyes. I will take some pictures of the punching process and add those later so you have an idea of how it get the shapes you need. I added a 4x6" Cellophane bag filled with candy and tied the bag off with our fun, new Dotted Scallop Edge Ribbon in Basic Black. The bow makes me think of a little girl Jack-o-lantern or would would it be a Jill-o-lantern,. :) These would make great treat bags for school or those favorite little trick or treaters that should stop by and after the candy it gone they can use the container for other things like pencils or crayons. We will be making a similar container at club this week so Club Members will get to see first hand out easy these are to make. Well, that is it for today. I have a few more ideas to work on for the upcoming week and need to get busy before the kids get out of school and the weekend hits. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: