Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung!



Ok, ok, I am not hanging Stockings yet but I am thinking about Christmas Cards and what design we might use this year at our house. Now I must say after thinking about this card a bit I think I would add a some baker's twine to the top of the Real Red Card Stock around the folded section but for now this will have to do and I might do some more shading on the fireplace. The things I think of after the card is finished and pictures have been taken. I received the new Stitched Stocking Stamp Set yesterday and the coordinating Stocking Builder Punch and just couldn't resist inking it up. I Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Real Red with just a touch of Soft Suede for sponging. Each stocking was inked with the Stampin' Write Markers and then punched from Confetti White Card Stock. I ran a piece of Real Red Card Stock through the Big Shot with the new Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and my main image was taking shape. I punched the bottom of the Real Red with the Scallop Edge Punch to add just a bit of interest. To each stocking I added a few Mini Jingle Bells. I love these. They are so tiny and cute and each to attach with a Mini Glue Dot. They will require that you use a special mailer to send them out postal but for tags and hand delivered cards they are to cute and you get 48 for only 2.95. That is a great deal. I used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the Merry Christmas and punched it with the Word Window Punch. The Pear Pizzazz base looked a little to bland so I added a piece of Letters To Santa Designer Series Paper that added just enough interest to the background to finish off the card. Are you ready to start making your Christmas Cards? I have a class on September 22 where you can do just that. Give me a call if you would like to be part of the class. I would love to have you join us. Well, I am off today there is laundry to do and cupcakes to frost for tonight's Pasta Dinner. Have a great day and as always thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: