Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Halloween



Sorry for the not so great picture. Not sure what is up as it looks fine when I edit it and is much clearer. I have sort of taken a break from stamping and have been busy working on a few sewing projects. Nothing to exciting right now to share but maybe soon. So today I wanted to sit down and finish a card. I had stamped and colored the Happy Halloween image from the Festive and Fun Stamp Set (Holiday Mini) a while back but it just sat there so I started there. I used a base of Old Olive that I added Polka Dots to using the Big Shot and the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Embossing folder. I distressed the paper with the Jet Black Stazon Pad. In fact everything was distress with the Jet Black Stazon Pad, the image, ribbon and Pumpkin Pie card stock layer. I used 1 1/4" Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon underneath the image to sort of anchor it. I added just a touch of bling with the Basic Black Glimmer Brad that is used to gather the ribbon. The card is a lot less layers than I would usually do but I tend to start simple when I have been away from Stampin' for a while. Maybe the creative juice will start to flow and I can get back to stamping. I think I will try stamping with the new Gently Falling Stamp Set and see what I can come up with. There are a lot of fun new stamp sets in the Holiday Mini. If you haven't taken a look yet or don't have a copy then be sure and let me know. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: