Monday, August 8, 2011

Kaylee's Big Day


Good afternoon! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We had a busy and wonderful one that included a family reunion and a Birthday party for my daughter. She turned 16 yesterday. I can't believe that it has been 16 years since I first became a mother and was blessed with her as my only daughter. She is growing up into an amazing young lady. So for quite some time she has wanted a Royal Blue "Bug" for her first car and a couple of weeks ago we found one for her and even though she has know about it I thought it would be fun to incorporate one into her card design too. After a quick google search I found one and with a few modifcations I was set. After I had the car created I had to made the card too and decided to use the Pennant Parade Stamp Set and make a background with colors that I had the birthday girl pick out. Now she had no idea when I asked for a color combo that it was for her card as I had told her it was for an upcoming class, sneaky right. ;) The colors are Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, and Pacific Point. The 16 is cut with the Timeless Type Sizzlits Dies and the Big Shot. I hand cut the cloud and the grass for the front.



I wanted the inside to be special too so I added a Pennant Banner across it and added the Early Espresso color to the mix. Each of the Pennants if a different stamp from the Pennant Parade Stamp Set and are punched out with the Petite Pennants Builder. They are attached with Whisper White Baker's Twine and Stampin' Dimensionals. The sentiment is from the Bring on the Cake Stamp Set. I love this set and have used it a lot since I received it. I didn't get a picture of the inside before I gave it to her so blurred out that part so that is why the bottom look a little odd.
I need to run, I have a big to do list today and the day it slipping away much to quickly. I have stamping on my list so hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a new project. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya



No comments: