Thursday, August 4, 2011

Designer Birthday Wishes!



Good afternoon! Well, summer is offically coming to an end. I went today and we got my Daughter's class schedule for her Sophomore year. The years seem to fly by and with each passing year is of course another Birthday. Since I have so many Birthdays in the next two months I really need to get a lot of cards made plus I have my upcoming Bring on the Birthday Cards Class. I am not sure if this will be a card for class or not but I do like the way it turned out and am glad the UPS man dropped off the Not Quite Navy Taffeta Ribbon this morning because it is just what this card needed. The Designer Series Paper is from the Paisley Petals Paper Pack and after adhering the 1" strips I cut it out with the Top Note Bigz Die then added some texture with the Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I sanded the raised areas just a bit to give it a more worn look like that favorite quilt that gets used and loved in places that makes it all soft and comfortable. The sentiment is from the Bring of the Cake Stamp Set and was stamped in Not Quite Navy and punched out with the Wide Oval Punch. The mat is River Rock Card Stock and was made by cutting out two Top Notes then cutting each in half one in each direction. Then with some layering you get a mat that is larger than the full Top Note. Of course I could have cut the trim line around the top note but I had the main image done before I thought to add the mat.

I am going to try and do some more stamping today as well as cut the ribbon for the ribbon shares so that they are ready for delivery. I still have other shares available if you are interested just contact me or leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by today and as always I hope you have a great day, Tonya

No comments: