Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Beau Chateau Birthday Wishes


Good morning, I am happy to say that I have been stamping. I finished two new cards yesterday and another one today so I will have new cards to share for the next three days and if I can keep the ideas flowing then I will keep on stamping. My boys start back to school tomorrow and I can get back into a routine with my mornings being for stamping and then I have the rest of the day for other things. :)
Today's card is one that we will be making at the Bring on the Birthday Cards class that I am having tomorrow and Thursday. This card is a case from the catalog and can be found on page 160. I made a few changes like the colors, turning the card sideways, leaving off the ribbon and adding the sentiment under the flower instead of in one of the squares but the layout is still the same. I really like the Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper and as just a reminder it is one of the packs of paper that is included in the Buy 3 get one Free Offer that ends on August 31. One thing I do want to point out is that the center of the flower looks shining, well I didn't have buttons that worked for this card so I made my own. I used the Sweet Buttons Embosslits Die and cut out three of the same button, stacked them on top of each other and then added Crystal Effects to the top one to make it all Glossy and shiny. You do need to allow extra time for the button to dry but it is worth the wait. I will be premaking these today for the classes so that there will be no wait time. ;)
Well, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and please let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer them for you. Have a great day, Tonya



No comments: