Saturday, June 18, 2011

Noel Christmas

Good morning! I know you are probably thinking what's up with the Christmas card in June? Well, the Big on Christmas Stamp set has been one of my favorite sets to use for Christmas for a couple of years now and it is retiring at the end of this month so I wanted to pull it out one more time and create a card for you. The base of the card is Pear Pizzazz and I used Real Red and Whisper White also. The designer series paper is from Play Date. To make my main image I inked the Stamp with the Old Olive, Real Red, Basic Black and Bashful Blue Stampin' Write Markers. I then used an Aquapainter to blend the marker into the image and color it. While this takes a little while to ink up the image with the marker it really is worth the time as it gives your card a different unique look. The Real Red Card Stock layer was punched along the bottom with the Scallop Trim Border Punch then I added White Bakers Twine around the Real Red and tied a knot. The base of the card needed something so I added the snowflakes with the help of the Big Shot and the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing folder. The snowflakes were sponged with Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink to make them pop and Basic Rhinestones were added to the centers.
While I have you thinking about Christmas I am going to start a five month series of classes just for Christmas Cards. The first class will be next month and will feature 4 card designs. This class will give you a chance to get a jump on your Christmas cards and not feel rushed in Novemeber. More details will follow. Well, it is a busy weekend at our house so I need to get started. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: