Friday, May 22, 2009

Birthday Special


Have you ever started a card with one idea in mind and then the card takes a completely different turn. This is one of those cards. I was going through my leftover card parts. You know those pieces that are left when you are mass making cards. For those of us that are demonstrators these could be those extras that you make when you have a class or workshop. Well, I decided I would take those parts and make a completely different card. Different stamp set, layout you name it just something different. The pieces for this card were from a Valentine's Day workshop that I did back in February. It used the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper and I was originally going to add a strip of the paper somewhere across the card, but after stamping the cupcake tower from Crazy for Cupcakes I decided that simple was better. I did do a lot on the cupcakes. The stamp was stamped twice once on the Very Vanilla Card Stock and once on a piece of the pink polka dot paper in the Candy Cane Lane DSP. After I stamped them in Basic Brown I used blender pens to color the cherries, icing and the stand. I added 2 way glue and Dazzling Diamonds on the icing to give it a little extra sparkle. The cupcake liners were cut out from the second stamped image and placed on the Very Vanilla image. This is called Paper Piecing and while it can be a challenge to cut out some images it does add extra pop to your card. The finished image is mounted to Riding Hood Red card stock and the base of the card is Pink Pirouette. Before I added the matted image to the card base I ran the base through the Big Shot using the Stampin'Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates. This helps take a simple card from plain to wow! I love the Texturz Plates and would highly recommend them to anyone. So there you have it a simple but special birthday card for someone special in your life.
Now for my Birthday Special. Our family has a couple of busy birthday months, May is one of those. Since May is my birthday month I thought I would give you a special. This special is good only through me it isn't one that Stampin'Up! is offering but rather my way of saying thank you. So from now until the May 30 the Birthday sets and wheels on pg. 38-41, Birthday related Rub-on (pg. 172-173), Best Ever Simply Scrappin Kit, and 2U Card Elements & More, and More Thoughts Simply Sent Card Kit will be 10% off. All Page numbers are from the Spring Summer 2009 Idea Book and Catalog. Regular shipping and tax will still apply. All orders will need to be placed directly through me no online orders this time because of the discount. You can also order the Designer Paper Special at this time also even though the discount will not apply. If you order $150 or more then you will qualify for the hostess benefits. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I will be sharing some other birthday cards through out the week so be sure and stop back by and take a look. I hope that you all have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. I will be spending time with my family which is always a great way to spend time. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: