Monday, May 11, 2009

Bambi and Thumper

When the Occasions Mini came out and I saw this set I immediately fell in love with it. It reminded me so much of Bambi and his friend Thumper that I started calling it just that. The Bambi and Thumper Set. Now of course the real name is Forest Friends but to me it will always be Bambi and Thumper. These cards were started some time ago and like so often happens they were set aside and not finished. Fast forward to today. After creating six Mother's Day cards last week my room was a mess. DD had of course been creating to but I must admit she is much better about cleaning up than her dear old mom . As I was cleaning I came across the deer and the Bashful Blue Bib so I thought a card was in order. I quickly decided to keep it simple and used just a Whisper White base. The card is a simple 4x4" card just perfect for giving with a gift. I used the Scallop Circle #2 Die with the Big Shot to cut out the Bibs. Then I used the Wide Oval Punch to cut out a section to give it the bib look. I textured both the bibs with the Stampin'UP Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates and the Big Shot. The So Saffron Circle that is layered behind the deer is made with the Circle Scissor Plus. This is such and easy tool for making circles. I used my circle punches to punch out the stamped images and then also the bashful blue circle. The sentiment is from Holidays & Wishes. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get is just right on the bottom corner of the card.

I had originally wanted to use this set for the Baby Shower Invites that I recently did but after seeing the napkin I went in a totally different direction. I
do think these will be perfect for my cousin's baby gift. Hopefully she doesn't take a peak at my blog. DD and I have also decided to make a Diaper Cake as a center piece for the shower so stay tuned for pictures of it later this month. As always thank you for stopping by. We have a busy week ahead of us with two Stamp Club nights and 8 baseball games between our 3 DS's. So I may not get to post everyday. If you have any questions please let me know. I would be happy to help. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: