Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Morning time to share!

Good morning, I hope you all had a great weekend. The weather was a little on the chilly side but that didn't stop our kids from being out and having activities. I didn't stamp the entire weekend but I do have a gift cardholder to share from Friday. My middle DS invited us to a 1st and 2nd Grade Tea at his school. We had a lot of fun at the tea and both class had a presentation for us. 1st grade sang for us and if you get a chance ask my son about the Rooster song. It is really cute. The class decided to give their wonderful teacher a gift card to thank her for the wonderful year. Enter the card for today. I volunteered to make a card for the occasion. This card is similar to the Graduation card we did at club this week. I started with a piece of Pink Pirouette Textured Card Stock (remember this is on special the rest of this month) and cut it to 6 1/2 x 9". I will take some pictures and show you how I made the gift card portion inside and post later. This is slightly larger than our club card but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of room for 15 kids to sign. I used the Flight of the Butterfly Stamp Set and stamped the sentiments in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I used the Bella Birds Designer Paper(also included in the special), Big Shot and Stampin'Up! Beautiful Butterflies Die to cut out the butterfly for the top of the card. I added three of the smallest Rhinestone Crystals that I removed from the Rhinestone Brads to make the body of the butterfly. The bottom piece of designer paper is scalloped on the top with the Scallop Border Punch and the whole card is tied shut with the Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon. Not a difficult card to make and it fits into our Small Open-End Envelopes. The Buy Three get one Free Special will be ending on May 31.Our Designer Series Papers are so great, they are a true 12x12" size perfect for scrapbooking or cardmaking and are double sided so you get double the options. So if you would like to still place an order contact me. As always thank you for stopping by today and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: