Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Inspired by


Today's post is one that I promised you a while back when I wrote my last inspired by post. I made today's card based completely off my DD's shirt. It is really a great color combo and one that I would never have put together if I hadn't saw the shirt. I actually made this card almost a year ago, and forgot to take a picture. Thankfully I hadn't gave the card away yet and I was able to take a picture. Now when looking at the shirt I knew that I wanted to use Tempting Turquoise and Night of Navy together and of course Whisper White. I decided to use a technique called emerging color. It is a heat emboss technique that allows you to layer colors. I started with a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and using Versamark and the stamp set Big Flowers I randomly stamped the large white flowers. I used Clear Embossing Powder and used my Heat Gun to emboss the flowers. This allows them to stay white while I added color to the card stock. I next used the brayer and Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink and covered the whole piece of card stock. The embossed flowers stayed white. I stamped more flowers all over the card again with Versamark and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. The final step after this was heated was to brayer Night of Navy Classic Ink over the entire piece of card stock. This gives you three different colors on the one sheet of card stock. Since the background was what I wanted to highlight, I kept the rest of the card is pretty simple. The sentiment is from Hugs & Wishes Stamp Set and is stamped with Night of Navy Classic Ink on Whisper White card stock. I punched it out with the Key Tag Punch and layered it on Tempting Turquoise Card Stock. I used the Horizontal Slot Punch to punch the holes in the side that I feed my Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon through. Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you. As always thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a great day, Tonya
I had this post all ready to go but this morning Stampin'Up! announced a June special for hostesses and I just had to share. If you host a workshop in the month of June and your party has $250 or more then you will earn extra hostess awards to spend on any of our great products. This also includes personal orders and online orders. Here is the break down:
Host a workshop that totals $250-$399.99 and you will earn an additional $20 in hostess awards.
Host a workshop that totals $400 and above and you will earn an additional $40 in hostess awards.
So if you would like to host a workshop in June it is not to late just contact me and we will find a time for you. Thanks again, Tonya

No comments: