Friday, May 15, 2009

Embrace Life




Good morning, today I am sharing one of the two cards we made at Stamp Club this week. For those of you that might not know about my Stamp Club let me take a moment to explain. I have two groups of ladies that meet every month at my house to make two projects. These can be cards, scrapbook pages, 3D items made from a template or the Big Shot Dies. They each agree to purchase a certain amount each month and one month during club they are the hostess and they get all the hostess benefits! Next month will be our final club for this catalog period and we will be starting a new Stamp Club in July. I hold my Stamp Clubs on Tuesday and Thursday night and the members have the option of attending either night. This allows them some flexibility with their schedules. Oh and did I mention that they also get their new catalogs as soon as they arrive. If this is something you might be interested in then please let me know and you can be our guest at next month's Stamp Club. It is a great way to meet new stamper or just get together with friends.


I used the technique that was demonstrated at the Seattle Regionals and was created by Crystal French a Stampin'UP Demonstrator from Denver Colorado. It uses Shimmery White Card Stock and Reinker. I love the look of the flowers after it all dries. After my Oval All Note Card Class I had some Walk in the Park DSP leftover so I pulled out the kiwi kiss leaves sheet and cut it to 4x5 1/4". This leaves just a little bit of the base card showing. I used the Kiwi Kiss Textured Card Stock for the base. Did you know that the 12 x12" Textured Card Stock is also included in the buy 3 get one Free special that is going on now until the end of May. We used the Embrace Life Stamp Set and stamped the leaves onto Whisper White Card Stock with Basic Gray Classic Ink. We used the aquapainters and the Kiwi Kiss reinker to color the leaves in. Next we stamped the flowers on Shimmery White Card Stock in Craft Whisper White Ink. We used White Embossing Powder to heat emboss the images. The next step is to spray the images with a water bottle and then using the Aquapainter and Baja Breeze and Cameo Coral Classic Reinkers we added color to the images. This is a really neat effect because when you touch the color to the water it spreads out. Set aside to dry. While we waited we finished assembling the card and stamped our choice of sentiment on Whisper White Card Stock and punched it out with the Scallop Oval Punch from the Occasions Mini. This was layered onto Cameo Coral Card Stock that was punched out with our Wide Oval Punch. After the flowers were dry we cut them out and popped them up with Dimensionals on our leaf image. Let me know what you think of the card and if you would like to take advantage of our specials for this month remember that you can order online directly from my Stampin'UP website. As always thank you for stopping by today, I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: