Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thank you!

Sorry I have been absent this last few days. School is of course done in a few weeks and this week has been busy but more on that later. Today's card is pretty simple, the layout came from a card in our Stampin' Success Magazine. Did you know that Stampin'UP Demonstrators receive our very own business magazine each month. It sometimes even has sneak peaks in it. Just one of the perks of being a demonstrator. I thought this card would be nice for a man as it doesn't have a lot of extras. The paper is Parisian Breeze Speciality Paper. This is the same paper that I used on my last post. The base is Kraft. I distressed the Baja Breeze panel a little bit at the top and bottom with my fingernail. The tag is from the MatchBox Big Shot Die that is in the Occasions Mini. The Thank you is stamped in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink and is from the Fresh Cuts Stamp Set. I did use a couple of brads to attach the tag to a piece of 5/8" Baja Breeze Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. I also paper pierce the bottom edge of the Baja Breeze cardstock. What a great way to say thank you to someone special in your life.

Speaking of Thank you, yesterday was our school's Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. It was a time for our teachers to relax and share a meal and time together. We are so fortunate in that we have a fantastic staff that care so much about our kids. After, I got to thinking about how many teachers there are in my life, between school, coaches, and friends. I really hope you know how much you are appreciated, you have such an important job in teaching and shaping our young. You can never hear it enough so thank you!

Tonight is my second night of the Oval All Note Card Class and everything is set out and ready to go. Now I really need to get busy and make Mother's Day cards, it is just a few days away. :) Thank you for stopping by today and as always I would love to hear from you, Tonya

No comments: