Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthdays just Pop Up!

I hope that you are all enjoying a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your family and friends. We have had a great weekend with two cookouts, a baby shower and time spent with those we love. Today we have a relaxing day planned with nothing to do. I fact I still have kids sleeping in. Ah, the joys of summer vacation.


Today's card is one that I made for a very special girl. I know she liked her card and thought it was neat, but she did think that it was a musical card. You know the ones they have a musical chip inside that plays a song when you open it. My kids love them and would love to stop and listen to them all the time but since I rarely set foot in the card section of a store they sadly miss out. I will look into adding sound to my cards as I think that would be really cool, especially on one of these.


The front of the card is pretty simple. I used the Rainbow Sherbet DSP. I love this paper for kids as they really love its bright colors. I used my Short Order Alphabet stamp set to stamp my birthday girl's name on Apricot Appeal Card Stock with Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink. I then punched out the letters and lined them up on the card. The flower was made with the Big Shot and the Flower, Daisies #2 Die. I love this die and would highly recommend it. I used a Build a Brad in the center with a punched out piece of Designer Series Paper in the middle for the flower center. The card is a 5 1/4x 5 1/4" square. This size works best for the inside feature which is a pop up birthday cake. This is a new Big Shot die and since it was the first time I have used it I kept the cake pretty simple.
The die is called the Three Tier Cake Pop-up Bigz XL die and is $39.95. I found it to be easy to work with and the directions are great that come with the die. I also have seen some great variations using this die, so it doesn't have to just be a cake. You do need Sticky Strip to assemble your cake. I used more Rainbow Sherbet DSP to "ice" the cake and the topper is stamped with the Wow Flowers Stamp set. I used my Stampin'Write Markers to ink up the various colors on the stamp before stamping the image. I layered the image after I punched it out on another circle then on a scallop punch. What do you think? Would you like to add some extra pop to your birthday cards? We also have a pop up ball but I haven't purchased that new die yet.
Don't forget about the Birthday Special that I am running for a few more days. Also if you have ever considered becoming a demonstrator then now through the end of May is a great time. Contact me to find out more information, but most of all thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog today. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend and I will be back tomorrow with another birthday post. Tomorrow's post will be another inspired by post. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: