Monday, May 4, 2009

Designer Series Paper Quilt Card


Good afternoon, I know I was supposed to post yesterday but the weather was just to nice to stay inside. Sorry, I hope you all understand. The card today is one that I made for my wonderful SIL. She needed some thank you notes and I was only to happy to help. I used the same designer series paper on all of her cards and since this one uses all the prints I thought I would share it with you. The paper is Parisian Breeze Specialty paper and is included in this months special. I love the colors in this paper and the fact that is is textured and cover weight card stock makes it great for so many projects. Now these quilt cards are all over the Internet (am not sure who came up with the idea but thank you) and they are so easy to make. I used the 1 1/4" Square Punch to punch out two squares from each of the six papers. Remember all of our designer series papers are double sided so this gives you 12 different prints. I cut a piece of whisper white card stock to 3 3/4x 5" and then figured out my pattern on this. After I had my pattern then I used SNAIL Adhesive to attach the squares to the whisper white base. I used the Big Shot and Top Note Die to cut out my quilt. You could add some Faux Stitching if you wanted to but on this one I didn't. I added Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, a Scallop Oval and a sentiment from the Oval All Stamp Set. Of course you could use any of our Designer Series Papers to make a quilt card and since they are buy three get one free why not pick out your favorites and give it a try. As always thank you for stopping by today. Hope you have a great day, Tonya

No comments: