Friday, May 8, 2009

Finding Inspiration in the world around you.

Today's post includes the Baby Shower Invites that I recently made for my cousin's baby shower. Now that they have been mailed and received by all I feel like I can share them with you. The stamp sets I used are not current ones so I won't go into all the details about them. If you have a question though just let me know. What I do want to talk about is finding inspiration in what is around you. In this case I had a napkin to work with that will be used for the baby shower. I wanted the invites to match with the theme so I started with colors. I pulled the colors from the squares and used Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace and Barely Banana. I also added a large square of So Saffron that is similar to the stitching around the other squares. It may be hard to see but on the napkin the squares have a shaded pattern. Two have polka dots and two have plaid. To duplicate this look I used the Big Shot and the Texturz Plates. This just gives the squares some extra dimension.I used various baby items in each square just like the napkin and after stamping and watercoloring each item I cut them out and popped them up with a dimensional. All the info about the shower was added inside. Now of
course you don't have to make
your card as exact as mine but you could just use a layout or color combo. The idea is just to use that things around you to inspire you to stamp, whatever it might be. Shopping is a great way to checkout new color combos and you never know you might just find a new and favorite one. I will post another inspired by card later. It is a shirt that my DD has that became a card. As always thank you for stopping by today and if you have any questions please let me know. I would love to help you, oh and of course all supplies are Stampin'UP. Have a great weekend, Tonya



No comments: