Friday, February 25, 2011

Thanks Sew Much!


Good morning! Sorry for the days off with no posting. I have been working on a quilt project and while it isn't ready to share with I will be sharing it before to long. I am considering staring a Big Shot Quilt Block of the Month Club and am playing around with ideas. Is this something you might be interested in? I would love some feedback and input from all of you. Today I have a fun and bright card to share with you. My daughter and her friend had a school project to do on Tuesday and they used a lot of our Brights Collection and while the stamp pads were out I thought I would use them on another Sewing Card. The base of the card is Tempting Turquoise that has been textured with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. To make the button panel I used the Button, Button Stamp Set from the Occasions Mini and stamped with Buttons with Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Rick Razzleberry Classic Ink. There are 17 buttons in the stamp set and 12 of them can be punched out with our Circle Punches. I added Melon Mambo Card Stock to the top of the Whisper White Card Stock and them added the new Melon Mambo Pompom Trim to the bottom of the Whisper White Card Stock. I have been wanting to use the Pompom Trim since I received my order but just haven't found the right card. I think this card is perfect for it. We also have Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight Pompom Trim available for all your projects. To finish off the card I added Sweet Buttons Embosslits that were made with Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise Card Stock. These were attached with Mini Glue Dots. The sentiment is from Three Little Words and while I wish it said "Thanks Sew Much" I still think it works for the card. The Three Little Words Stamp Set is available for free until March 31 with a $50 order. Please Stampin'UP! can we have a Sewing Sentiment Set in the new catalog in July. I stamped the sentiment with Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink and punched it our with the Word Window Punch then layered it with a Melon Mambo Modern Label Punch. I dotted the ends to make it look sewn on. I hope you enjoyed today's card. I am hoping to get a few more done today but it is a snow day for the kids so who knows what the day might bring. Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think about a Quilt Block Club. Have a great day, Tonya

1 comment:

Rose Castillo said...

Cute card, I haven't seen many cards with this set. Mine is still sitting on my desk unmounted. Thanks for some inspiration today!