Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Petal Cone Treat


Good morning! Today is a less busy day for our family and I hope to get some stamping time in before the kids get out of school. I do still have a few projects to share with you from yesterday and our busy weekend of creating. This treat container was for one of my sons' teachers and it was inspired by the February Stampin' Success. Stampin' Success is a great magazine that all demonstrators receive each month with ideas and business tips. Don't forget that Sale-a-bration is a great time to start your own Stampin'UP! business. Okay back to the treat. I used the Petal Cone Die and cut it out in Riding Hood Red and the half scallops in Early Espresso. I used Sticky Strip to adhere the two sides but instead of making it a cone I left it flat and made this cute heart. I stamped a heart from the I {heart} Hearts Stamp Set in Riding Hood Red and cut it out by hand before attaching it to the Petal Cone with Stampin' Dimensionals. The Happy Valentine's Day is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set and was stamped with Early Espresso on Very Vanilla Card Stock then punched out with the Word Window Punch. To add a little extra wow to the Petal Cone I made a flower from Pink Pirouette Card Stock and the Scallop Circle #2 Die. I cut out four of the larger Scallop Circle and then sprayed each with Shimmer Mist (made with Shimmer Paint and Rubbing Alcohol)

No comments: