Monday, February 7, 2011

Springtime Pin Cushion


Good morning! This is going to be a super quick post. I wanted to let you know that I am still around. ;) I just had a busy weekend and didn't find time to post. Friday night I had a workshop with Jennifer and her friends. I had a great time and I sure hope they did too! Saturday morning it was Valentine's with the kids. I love how creative kids can be when you give them some supplies and let them use their imaginations. This week is Stamp Club week. We will be having Club on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at 7pm. I will be finishing up those projects today and will be posting them through out the week, but today I wanted to show you a quick pin cushion that I made over the snow days. There have been examples of these and I really can't say where I have saw them but I recently received the Springtime Vintage Fabric and I just had to cut it. I had a old jelly jar in my cabinet with a ring and lid so I was ready to make my pin cushion. I cut the fabric with the Scallop Circle Big Die and the Big Shot. I added some cotton balls for stuffing (couldn't find any polyfill in the house) and just attached the fabric with the ring. I did add a package of Springtime Vintage Big Designer Series Buttons to the jar for added color and interest. Quick and easy! It would make a nice gift for a person who likes to quilt or sew. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: