Friday, November 6, 2009

I love Snowmen!

As the title of the post tells you I do love snowmen and if you have ever been in my house in the winter time you know that I collect them and like to leave them up most of the winter months. So when I saw this Level Two Hostess set I just knew that I had to have it. It is Snow Buddies (116505) and so easy to earn just by hosting a workshop that totals $300 or more. I really like that Stampin'Up! is offering new hostess sets in the Holiday Mini and I hope this trend continues in the Occasions Mini when it comes out in January. This card is inspired by a recent shopping trip I made to a retail store in town. It always seems that this particular store has an unusual color combo for their Christmas Decor and while this year they went very traditional with Red, Gold and White I did happen to see a group of dishes and accessories in their housewares department that had snowmen and a very bright playful color combo that I thought would be just perfect for a nontraditional card. I came home and got busy playing with the colors and started with the center image and worked from there. There are two snowmen in this set and I stamped the larger one on a sheet of Whisper White Card Stock (100730) with Basic Gray Classic Ink (109120). I added the twig arms and then stamped the hat on a separate piece of Whisper White Card Stock to be colored, cut out and added. I used my Blender Pens to color the Snowman with Real Red (103133), Pixie Pink (105212), Green Galore (102122) and Bashful Blue (105209) Classic Ink. I added some 2-Way Glue (100425 )and Dazzling Diamonds (102023) to the snowman body and his hat for extra sparkle. I made the Bashful Blue (105120) Scalloped Rectangle with the Big Shot and the Stampin'Up! Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die (115950). For the base of the card I used Pixie Pink Card Stock (105121) and added a few Snowflakes also from the Snow Buddies Stamp Set with Versamark (102283). I used Green Galore Textured Card Stock (108698) for the strip across the bottom and Paper Pierced it before I added it to the front of the card with the Mat Pack (105826) and Paper-Piercing Tool (116631). Before adding the Scallop Rectangle and the Snowman with Stampin' Dimensionals I added 1/2" Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon from the Mistletoe Ribbon Originals (116792). This ribbon is in the Holiday Mini Catalog and in addition to the Red and White Double Stitched Grosgrain there is also a beautiful 3/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon in the set.
I hope you enjoyed my Bright Snowman. I have plans to make a couple of other cards with this color combo and I have been working on several other projects that I will be sharing with you over the next week or so. Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: