Monday, November 16, 2009

Let it Snow?

Good morning, what a busy weekend we had at our house. Between a camp out for oldest son and a gymnastics meet for darling daughter we weren't home much. Today I had planned to share with you our Stamp Club card for this week. I find it very fitting that it would be snowing when I posted this picture. I do like snow in very small amounts. One good snow for Christmas break is great by me but snow in the middle of November is just to early, but as I watch the ground turn a little whiter it look like we will be getting our first snow. Enough about snow lets move onto the card. I really wanted to show off our Shimmer Paint for this month's club projects so both use the Shimmer Paint in different ways. I started with a Real Red Card Stock (102482) Base and stamped the three smaller snow flakes from Serene Snowflakes Stamp Set (115438) in Versamark (102283) randomly over the top of the card. I then added the Striped Designer Paper from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty Paper (116770). This paper is so pretty and shimmery it goes perfectly with the Shimmer Paint and I love the flocked designs that are also part of this Designer Series Paper Pack. I did use the Scallop Edge Punch (112091) on the top edge of the Designer Series paper before I added it to the card. I added the be merry which is from the Warm Words Stamp Set (115108). It was stamped in Real Red Classic Ink (103133) and then punched out with the Large Oval Punch (107305). The main image is the largest snowflake from the Serene Snowflakes Stamp Set. I inked up the image with Real Red Classic Ink (103133) and then added Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854) with a Sponge Dauber (102892) over the Real Red Classic Ink. For club to save time I will mix a little Frost White Shimmer Paint with Real Red Reinker (103287) to make Real Red Frost Shimmer Paint to add directly to the stamp with a sponge dauber. This will save having to clean the stamp every time we ink it up and make the project go a little faster. After stamping the snowflake I added a Soft Suede Card Stock (115318) background layer. Before I added it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) I punched a slot in the lower left corner with the Horizontal Slot Punch (105089) this allowed me to thread my Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070) through the slot and tie a knot there. The shimmer is a little hard to see in this picture but those of you attending Stamp Club tomorrow night will get to see it in person.
Thank you for stopping by today. Stay warm and happy Stampin', Tonya

No comments: